Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack

Okay, just kidding on the whole "retiring the blog" thing... who was I kidding? This stuff is addictive.

Those of you who know me (hi Mom & Dad) know I've been semi-active in the blog world with my post-graduate picture project, 365 Days After Walking Under The Arch. Since the day I graduated from UGA, I've posted a picture a day to chronicle my adventures of apartment hunting, moving to NYC, landing a job, and just life in the big city. I've had a blast keeping up with it, and even better time looking back on it - which is why I started it in the first place, so I would have it to reflect back on. Now as April comes to a close, my 365 days are about to come to an end (nostalgic "OMG I've been out of college for a year" post to come, don't worry)... but I've really enjoyed the experience and don't want the blog to end! Sooo through an informal Twitter poll and conversations with friends and colleagues I've decided to bring this guy out of retirement. I thought about continuing on with the 365 days after that year was up, but that blog had a theme and a purpose and it will be over after May 8th.

So here I am, back to the original, since "The Next Chapter" can really still be applicable for the rest of my life (or however long I keep the blog around..). Being young and still figuring out where I belong in this city and in life, there are sure to be many changes for me in the next 365 days and beyond, and I want to document them. I'm doing this for me, so I'll have something to look back and reflect on (although I love comments so keep them coming!). Yes, I've been made fun of by some friends for my nerdy blog, etc. but I'm just going to embrace it... because I've decided I really am a bit of a nerd and that's okay :) Expect rambling, random posts about whatever I'm interested in at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it better this time, but who knows...

Here's to seeing what the next chapter will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment