Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just Keep Swimming...

Last Thursday, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the PRSSA Senior Banquet at Depalma's.  Although I haven't always been able to be as involved as PRSSA as I would have liked (between jobs, internships, etc.) I truly do feel close to so many of my fellow graduating PR majors and had a wonderful time celebrating with everyone.  Before going to a big school, I was warned by so many people that you simply get lost in the crowd and don't really feel like you're as much a part of things as you do at a smaller school.  However, Thursday night showed how being in such a great school as Grady can truly make you feel special and recognized on an individual level.  

PRSSA President Stephanie Perrett gave a great welcoming, which was followed by greetings from Dean Cully Clark and Dr. Karen King, the Head of the ADPR Department.  Dr. Parker Middleton also spoke and was so inspirational and amazing to listen to.  A few seniors were recognized (Katherine Strate, Kaitlyn Darr, and Leslie Emanuele) for their outstanding work with PRSSA over the years.  

As a graduating class, we have heard our share of discouragement about entering the job market in such a tough economy.  It was refreshing to be told how much people are supporting us and how amazingly qualified we are because we will be graduating from one of the best journalism schools in the country.  I know I'm graduating with an incredibly talented group of girls (and a few boys!) that will accomplish such great things in the PR world and I can't wait to hear about everyone's adventures after college.  And for any of you who are still worried about the job market, remember the advice that was quoted from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming..."

No comments:

Post a Comment