Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More Advice for Graduating Seniors

Even though I've figured out what I'm doing after graduation (well, at least for the summer), I can't stop soaking up all the advice I can find for life after college. Last week was PRSSA's Senior Night, which was a small meeting geared specifically toward PR students graduating in the coming semesters. Speakers included Tom Strate (Strate Insurance Group), Mike Emanuele (Horizon Staffing), Lindsey Berryhill (Fleishman-Hillard), Kate Griffin (Kleber & Associates), Allie Carswell (Spanx), Nadine Randall (CDC), and Katherine Mason (Porter Novelli).

Unfortunately, I had to leave for work part of the way through the meeting so I only got to hear the first section.  Luckily, the meeting is summed up on PRSSA's blog.  Check out that link for helpful information on insurance, budgeting, networking, and proactively searching for your first job.

No comments:

Post a Comment