Monday, August 24, 2009

Checklist, Revised.

Apparently I either have time to update several times per day or not at all for weeks... I really am working on being more consistent, I swear (have I mentioned the whole working three jobs thing?).

So I've decided to expand my checklist. I got a good start to it last weekend, but this past week was a crazy busy blur so I need to get going on it again. I got a letter from my grandfather last week that inspired me to add to the list so I can make sure I see all of the great things this city has to offer. He put it best when he said that many New Yorkers take things for granted here and don't do all of the great things that tourists come here to do. There are so many beautiful parks, amazing museums, and unique experiences to be had in this awesome city and I don't want to ever take it for granted! So here goes, the Revised Master Life Checklist:

1. High Line (check!)
2. Thoroughly explore Central Park (considering saving this for when it's a little cooler out/when the leaves start to change)
3. Get into Gramercy Park (ongoing life goal)
4. Top of the Rock/Empire State Building Observation Deck (per a friend's advice, I think I'll opt for ESB at night)
5. Brooklyn Bridge (check!)
6. Walk along the Hudson (check!)
7. Chelsea Piers (check!)
10. Ferry ride from Battery Park to Staten Island/Circle Line boat ride around Manhattan
11. Giants game (in order to fill the void of UGA football/Athens, I'm becoming a pro football fan. I have a lot to learn!)
12. MoMA (I've been but need to go back and spend more time there - free on Fridays from 4 - 8 p.m.)
14. The Met
15. The Frick (free/donations only entry on Sundays before 1 p.m., only $5 for students otherwise - good thing I still have that student ID!)
16. The Whitney (Fridays, 6 - 9 p.m. - free/donations, also has deals for students on a regular basis)
17. Guggenheim (Saturdays, 5:45 - 7:45 p.m. - pay what you wish)

That's going to have to do for now, I'm already getting exhausted thinking about doing all of this! Any other suggestions would still be welcome though :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty excited I got a shoutout on your blog! :) I think the last viewing of the ESB is around 10?

    You should definitely go to Yankee Stadium. I'm not a Yankees fan (just Jeter), but the experience was fun. Just grab a few friends (and drinks), and you'll enjoy it. It's fairly cheap for tickets too.

    AND while I'm throwing my sports advice out there... go to Madison Square Garden for a Knicks game. I've always wanted to go there, but there's never anything going on when I visit!

    ReplyDelete