Monday, July 6, 2009

A Quick Vacation

Any New Yorker, no matter how much they love the hustle and bustle of the city, will tell you it is necessary to get out of Manhattan every now and then in order to keep your sanity. After living here a little over a month (does that even make me a New Yorker yet?), I jumped at the opportunity to spend the 4th of July with girlfriends the Hamptons. 

Beautiful sunset before the fireworks started.

Happy 4th of July!


Having grown up in Sarasota, I'm a total beach bum at heart. I love love love living in the city, but sometimes I just need to be by the water (I'm aware Manhattan is an island, but dirty rivers just don't do it for me). East Hampton even reminds me of where I grew up a little bit, so this weekend was very nostalgic and a nice change of pace from what I've experienced since I moved away.

Who knew kids even had lemonade stands anymore? This was way too cute not to stop.

Beautiful day at the beach.

Lazy day in the sun with a silly girly book = perfection.

It was nice having a change of scenery, but I'm glad to be back in the city, sunburned and exhausted. It was cool coming home to my apartment from a night away and truly feeling like I was back home. Even after living here last summer, I could never really call New York home... now I'm finally able to.

2 comments:

  1. i saw a lemonade stand outside the L train stop in williamsburg and bought some lol. it was nasty with something floating in it but the little boy selling it was so cute. love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little girl at ours was adorable, she asked us if we wanted ice in our lemonade and she proceeded to pick it out of the cooler with her fingers and plop it into our drinks. And the best part was the cooler was filled with Tropicana lemonade which was out in cute containers on the table to look like it was homemade. Oh well, it's the thought that counted.

    ReplyDelete