Wednesday, March 18, 2009

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I realize this post is a little dated but it's taken me awhile to get back into the swing of things since my work trip last week.  Between my spotty internet access and very limited free time, it took me a few days to notice what happened when I was gone. 

Yesterday, when I got on Facebook to jealously stalk my friends' cruise pictures from Spring Break, this was the first thing I saw:


A few weeks (months?) ago, the layout of Facebook drastically changed, and it seemed that nobody was happy. All of my friends' statuses lamented the new format and hundreds of groups started popping up petitioning for the old Facebook. But of course within a week or so everyone quieted down and resigned themselves to the new layout. We all got used to it, and I can barely even remember what the old layout looked like.

So now that everyone has gotten used to the new Facebook, Mark Zuckerbeg has done it again. The layout has completely changed, I can't find anything, and everyone is confused all over again. Why, Facebook, why are you doing this to us? What was so wrong with the original Facebook that it needed two makeovers in the last six months? Facebook has been hugely successful since it was introduced in 2004. Are the people at Facebook just bored, so they keep switching things up on us?

Whatever the reasoning is behind it, I'm sure this new layout will get just as much flack as the previous "new Facebook." Maybe it's time Mr. Zuckerberg started sorting through the inevitable hate groups and realized the value behind the phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

No comments:

Post a Comment