Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tweet Tweet

I feel like every few weeks, I post randomly about something cool I've found on Twitter... so in keeping with the that trend, here is one of my newest discoveries.

I've seen a few blog posts and tweets in the last few days about Twitter Mosaic (Dr. Karen Russell & Bert DuMars just as a few examples).  This tool is pretty self-explanatory, here is my Twitter Mosaic:

Get your twitter mosaic here.

Whenever I see things like this, I can't help but wonder (sorry, techie Carrie Bradshaw moment) what people will think of next.  Sure, it's cool to see a big mosaic of all the people who follow me on Twitter, but who sat down and developed this application?  I can't even begin to count how many times, when I mention Twitter, people ask "but... what's the point?".  There are so many useful things you can use Twitter for, but things like Twitter Mosaic prove that for each useful tool there is a pointless one (Tweet Like a Pirate... seriously?).  

I actually googled applications and toys for Twitter, and was shocked at how many hits came up.  There are hundreds of thousands of blog posts, wikis, and articles about different applications but the best resource I came up with is the Twitter Fan Wiki, which has a comprehensive list of desktop applications, web applications, and mobile applications.  You can also click here to see Twitter downloads available.

Oh Twitter, you never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment