Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Weather

I've been fighting a cold for the last few days... well, really for the last month.  Ever since I returned from winter break (and by "winter break" I mean a summer-y vacation at my home in Sarasota), I've been congested and had a nagging cough.  It reached the worst point this week though, and for the past few days it's been hard just to get up and make myself go about my day normally.  My own diagnosis was that it's a combination of the weather and how hard I've been pushing myself lately (mom says it's life's way of telling me to slowww down... which I refuse to accept).  

I woke up thinking I felt a little better this morning, but when I opened the windows and looked outside to the sunny, high 60-degree weather I felt a million times better! I went for a long walk, sat outside and read New Moon (I've stopped trying to fight my Twilight obsession), and was in the best mood I've been in for weeks.  There were tons of people outside in my neighborhood walking their dogs, playing basketball, just enjoying the warmth.

I know I've complained on here before about my issues with the cold, but today made me truly realize what effect weather has on me.  Here's hoping it stays sunny and beautiful for the rest of the semester, because I simply don't have time to be sick before graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment