Friday, May 1, 2009

When Will This Feel Real?

Yesterday was my last day of college classes. Ever. One of my classes is completely done, and the only things separating me from graduation are 3 exams, a paper and the finishing touches on our Campaigns book.

I've put in my last day at work. 

I have boxes all around my room so I can start packing up my life, and I've sold the majority of my furniture.

In a week and a half, I'll be meeting with brokers to look at apartments, and in less than a month I'll be moving. 

But somehow, none of this has sunk in.  I don't know if I've just been so busy and caught up with school, work, and life in general, but I can't believe this is all really happening.  This is what I've been basically working toward for my whole life up until this point, and I'm really graduating a week from tomorrow and starting my independent adult life.  

I keep waiting to get emotional and start freaking out about everything ending, but it just hasn't happened.  I suppose it will sink in next week, when all is said and done with my exams and my parents get here to celebrate my graduation.  Until then, I guess all I can do is keep getting my work done and keep preparing for the next big step...

No comments:

Post a Comment