- PR Campaigns - I'm really excited about this one. It's our capstone class for a Public Relations degree, applying everything we've learned so far to a real campaign. Our class is working with entities concerned with combating poverty in the Athens-Clarke County area. I've also volunteered to be one of the class leaders (for Honors credit) so I feel like it will be a great experience.
- Journalism & Mass Communication Law - Okay, who really gets excited about this class? It's definitely important information, but I know it's going to be really hard work and a lot of reading.
- Rhetoric & Pop Culture - I wanted to take a fun class for my last arts & science credit, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'll get with this one. The professor seems really cool and the subject matter is really interesting.
- Strategic Management - Another capstone class, this one is the last one I need for my Management degree in the Terry College of Business. I'm expecting a lot of theory but it should be helpful information that I can apply to any job I have in the future, management-related or otherwise.
- Entrepreneurship - I've been waiting for years to take this class! Our professor told us we could miss class if it's a nice day outside but not if we have a job interview - he wants to encourage us to start our own business rather than "work for the man". Although I'll probably be "working for the man" in about 5 months, it's always been a dream of mine to eventually start and run my own business (hence the Business degree). We get to come up with a business plan for our company, so it should again be a great hands-on learning experience.
So I guess I'll be looking back on this post to see how accurate I was about which classes I loved/hated, but at this point I'm pretty optimistic about all five...