Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello, 2009.

I realize that I've been kind of MIA the last few days, after just talking about how important it is to update your blog frequently, but I just got back from an amazing few days in Miami for New Year's Eve and Orlando for the Capital One Bowl (Go Dawgs!).  That being said, I'm finally back home with time to reflect on last year and look ahead to 2009.  

When we were out celebrating New Year's Eve this year, I couldn't help but think back to my senior year of high school when we were ringing in 2005.  Ever since I could remember, we had defined ourselves as "The Class of '05" - a year that seemed to far away, until that night when 2005 became a reality.  This year I had a similar feeling, as I've been looking forward to (and sometimes dreading) 2009 as the year I would graduate college since the moment I graduated high school.  Looking around at all of my friends, I couldn't believe we'd all made it to this point (and that we're all graduating on time!).  I've known some of these people since elementary school, and it's crazy to think that in 5 months we'll be going our separate ways and starting our "real" jobs and lives.  

2009 is going to bring a lot of transitions: graduating college, finding a job, moving out of the townhouse I've lived in for the past 3 years and into an apartment in New York, and the list goes on... Only this graduation, unlike high school, is a lot less certain.  3 and a half years ago, I knew I was moving to Athens.  I knew I would live in the dorms with my random roommate that UGA assigned to me.  I knew what my major would be, and what classes I would be taking. 

Right now, looking ahead, I have a lot of unknowns.  Aside from living in New York, I have no idea what I'll be doing a year from now.  And I couldn't be more excited to see where the year will take me.  Bring it on, 2009. 

No comments:

Post a Comment