Saturday, January 24, 2009

To Do: Get Butt to Gym

I like to think I do a pretty good job of balancing a lot of things in my life: 15 hours of classes, 2 part-time jobs, and the internship I'm about to start.  When asked recently in an interview how I stay organized, I thought for a minute before answering, "to do lists."  This seems like a really simple answer, but I honestly depend on to do lists.  If something is written in my planner, it somehow seems more important that I get it done.  

One of the things that always seems to fall through the cracks when I'm busy is working out.  But when I stop to think about it, I always do have time in the day to get to the gym, I just like to make excuses not to go.  Let's be honest, who likes going to the gym?  I'm fine once I'm there, but convincing myself to get up on put on my sneakers is a whole other story.  

So, with Spring Break right around the corner (kind of), I'm trying an experiment on myself.  Every week, I'm going to look at my planner and literally write down what time I should go work out.  I realize how silly it is that I get more motivated to do something just by writing down that I need to do it, but for the last week it has worked!  Check back in a month and a half to see if I'm still checking "gym" off my to do list...

1 comment:

  1. I know writing work outs in your planner will be a big help. Seeing it written, staring at you in the face, is a great motivator.

    Another tip: If you can find it in you to get up early -- I'm talking 5 or 6 a.m. -- head to the gym then. You'll beat the crowds & best of all, it's over and done with before you start your day. No excuses! :)

    ReplyDelete